Sip & Solder : Happy Hour Special ; Mondays 5:30p-7:30p
Add a twist to the traditional Happy Hour and other sipping art experience and enjoy a few hours of fun, learning the basics of silversmithing. Expect a relaxed, easy going atmosphere with intentionally smaller groups. (groups larger than 5 are available upon request).
The Bee Creative studio and classroom is 15-minutes from downtown Portland Oregon and 5- minutes from beautiful waterfront downtown Lake Oswego, business district with it's specialty shopping, dining, wine, art walks and entertainment.
Given dietary preferences and legalities, guests are encouraged to bring their favorite snacks and preferred alcoholic beverage. We have a diverse selection of non-alcoholic beverages available at no cost. In addition we supply all the know how, expertise, materials & tools.
Expect to get your hands dirty in this roll up your sleeves, hands on, two-hour introductory experience, covering the basics of silversmithing. Attendees leave with a completed piece that they’ve created.
- Design basics & the importance of planning
- Materials & Tools
- Filing & Polishing
Choose from a variety of projects:
- NEW! Hairs to You! Design and create a custom set of two, brass or copper hair pins using variety of precious metal and texturing techniques.
- Intentions: "Attention Goes Where Intention Flows" - Design a one of a kind bespoke talisman necklace, bracelet, ring, earrings or other piece of art as an intention piece for yourself; using precious metals, new and recycled jewelry components, beads and more. Ideal for special occassions, birthday or New Year’s.
- I Made These! Custom Earring Design workshop, make upto two pairs of earrings using precious metal wire, new and recycled jewelry components, beads and more. Allow your creativity to guide you.
- Badda Bling Badda Boom: Make two stacking rings or a set of bangle bracelets, using a variety of precious metal wire: Sterling Silver, jeweler's brass, pure Copper, and when available, Gold and Rose Gold filled.
- Stone Me to My Soul: Learn the basics of stone setting. Design and create a custom ring or pendant. Select from a variety of stones and precious metal. All supplies included for rings and pendants. Sterling silver, brass, copper and stainless steel chain's are available and sold separately.
- Busy Bee: Make a set of two anxiety fidget rings, using precious metal wire and beads
- Keep Calm and Don’t Throw it Out: Repair and Reimagine your Favorite Jewelry Pieces. Great for those pieces collecting dust in your jewelry box, or what about that one earring that you love that has lost it's mate, or an item in need a bit of mending.
Lake Oswego silversmith and instructor, Jeri Bee is a lifelong creative human that until 2017 chose a career in healthcare over pursuing her creative voice full-time. She is happiest when teaching and holding the space for other to learn and create. She believes everyone has a creative voice in one form or another, and that fostering creativity is vital to navigating the journey of life. Jeri’s practical approach is reflected in her minimalistic, nature-inspired jewelry and her welcoming down-to-earth instruction style. She’s a busy bee, and on most days can be found teaching silver smithing and other creative classes, and designing hand-crafted jewelry from new, reclaimed and upcycled materials, that is both stunning, and affordable for all. Creativity is Life!