One to One Open Studio Time
Give the gift of creativity.
With one to one creative time, students get individual at elbow time with Mrs. Bee, and full access to studio/classroom tools and supplies. You can expect a relaxed, easy going and fun atmosphere. Bring what ever you are currently working on, or with a project in mind to tackle.
(Ages 12+) 2-4 hour sessions available
$65 per hour
- Silver smithing intro 101 (ongoing mentorship sessions are available)
- Earring making and wire wrapping tutorials
- Re-imagine a piece of jewelry or long lost items from your jewelry box.
- Pendant and necklace design
- Bead stringing and bracelet making
- Paper crafts, stamping and embossing
General Studio / Workshop Information
Protective aprons and safety glasses that fit over existing eyewear are provided, but if you have a pair you prefer, bring those and bring your “readers” or close-range visual support wear if this is something you typically need.
Face covering/N-95’s are encouraged to keep you from inhaling dust particles and or fumes that might be generated.
Given we’ll be working with a variety of tools, that could include hot surfaces, open flame torches, hammers and sharps:
- Hands and nails will potentially get scraped or dinged
- You’ll want any loose hair out of your face and pulled back
- Shirt sleeves that are short or not loose and can be pulled up
- Closed toed shoes are encouraged
If you have knowingly been exposed to someone with COVID within 7 days of the workshop, or are experiencing any of the typical symptoms, cough, etc. Let the host know, so we can make choices around attendance and masking preferences.
Jeri Bee, and live in Lake Oswego, OR with my husband and two teen children. A life-long maker, teacher and overall creative human and has been a maker and creative most of my life and silversmithing since 2017. Offering handcrafted jewelry, pop-ups and DIY workshops, believingf every human has a creative voice. Her passion is inspiring others to find and cultivate creativity in their lives, however it might look. Learn more about BeeCreative
A few things that are included and to expect:
- Guidance, expertise, creativity, down to earth practicality and sense of humor
- Safety gear, fire extinguisher, goggles, aprons and first aid kit. (Mrs. Bee is Red Cross and first aid certified)
- Space, materials and tools (special projects might require participant to acquire specific materials in advance.
- Feel free to bring snacks. Coffee, tea and water are available. Note that food might want to be moved away from work areas for certain projects once the making begins.
- Beverages are ok on the workbench so long as they are in a covered container.
- Plan for me to arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the scheduled time, to get oriented and make the most of the scheduled time.